I am trying to create a method in my real-time algorithm to measure the variation in time based on a simple technique to avoid a huge overhead in the processing on the hardware.

The first method I am defining is measuring the angle shift between features in the time series as you see in the following image. Is there a name for this technique? because it is not phase measurement. Perhaps, amplitude variation? enter image description here

  • $\begingroup$ Hard to say but if it's amplitude drift over time, it could be "slope" perhaps? This really depends on the context $\endgroup$
    – Hilmar
    Jul 21 at 11:40
  • $\begingroup$ If I were to give it a name I would call it amplitude drift or variation but I have never seen such measure using the angle but comparing trends keeping huge amount of data. I don't know, I'm just curious ifthis technique already exists. $\endgroup$
    – GGChe
    Jul 21 at 12:16


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.