I have a MATLAB script which process IF signals to acquire GPS satellites.
I decided to capture IF signals containing GPS L1 C/A (1575.42 MHz) myself.
What I have:
- TCXO for HackRF
- Active GPS antenna
- RTL-SDR v3
What I did so far:
- I set the center frequency to 1571.42 MHz to get the GPS signals on 4 MHz IF, with 20 MHz sampling frequency.
- I set the center frequency to 1575.42 MHz to get the GPS signals directly on baseband, with 20 MHz sampling frequency.
- Tried different RF, IF, BB gain values of HackRF.
- Different active/passive antennas which is known working properly.
- RTL-SDR instead of HackRF.
After the unexpected output from my MATLAB script, I used GNSS-SDR on Ubuntu for HackRF monitoring, and GNSS-SDR-LIB on Windows for RTL-SDR monitoring for the tests above. These software also could not acquire/track any satellite.
Which parameter should I focus now? Is there anyone who could manage to acquire GPS satellites using HackRF or RTL-SDR?