I try to understand difference of H264 and H265 video compression algorithms. However, I confused the algorithms of uses in H264 and H265. In addition, I found a few differences between these two algorithms.
These differences are
- H265 has half the channel width of H264. (decrease bandwith)
- H264 macroblocks has maximum 16x16 size but H265 macroblocks has maximum 64x64 size.
- H264 has 9 intra-picture, H265 has 35 intra-picture.
However I obsessed these questions.
- What is the difference inter-intra prediction basically? ( I know that intra prediction predicts from neighboring image data in the same image but inter prediction predicts from reference one or more image data in the one or more images.) I don't visualize in my mind. I don't understand main idea in inter and intra prediction.
- How do these algorithms use macroblocks?
- Are there any differences I can add to the list?
- Are there any basic level resources where I can understand the theory and operation of algorithms at a basic level?