I am developing a software framework for image processing. So, I need to arrange the digital filters as a hierarchy.
The above link lists the following digital filters:
- Mean Filter - noise reduction NR using mean of neighborhood
- Median Filter - NR using median of neighborhood
- Gaussian Smoothing - NR using convolution with a Gaussian smoothing kernel
- Conservative Smoothing - NR using maximum and minimum of neighborhood
- Crimmins Speckle Removal - more complex NR operator
- Frequency Filters - high and low pass image filters, etc
- Laplacian/Laplacian of Gaussian Filter - edge detection filter
- Unsharp Filter - edge enhancement filter
Practically, is there a hierarchical relationship among these filters?