I have a power signal (in dBm) which contains lots of peaks (around -80 dBm) and most of the time is around -110 dBm which we can call it noise level (obviously with fluctuations). As you know, both noise and sudden jumps to a peak value introduce high frequency components on the signal.

My question here is how to differentiate these two sources of high frequency components? I want to filter out the noise of the signal along with not loosing any meaningful part of it. I have drawn the FFT of the signal, but I cannot find any specific high frequency corresponding to the peaks. Is there any way to find it?

Thank you in advance.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.