I want to know the way to find the velocity of a target by using a doppler radar.
I read some paper about it,
- send rf signal to a target
- receive the reflected signal from the target.
- conduct the IQ demodulation.
- compute complex FFT to find the doppler frequency.
- If we want to know the direction of a target, or a velocity toward or away from the radar, we must use the IQ demodulation technic to find a negative velocity, right?
If it is right,
- What does The IQ demodulation mean?
The reflected radar signal is just a rf signal.
- Do we need to modulate a radar signal before transmitting it to a target?