I have a 3-channel (for colours) a png image that I opened and
- I splitted the image into 8x8 blocks
- I applied all of the blocks discrete cosine transform
- And then applied quantization
- I stored the values in an array by zigzag traverse
- I do not know what to do to reduce the size in this step
Now I do not really understand what i am supposed to after this steps. How did I compress this image? If I applied inverse of these steps and put the values in a new image, I believe the size will not change at all. I mean I am supposed to save the values in a txt and decode them with my application so that I actually made a JPEG compression?