Note: This topic has been moved to https://electronics.stackexchange.com/posts/345289 since it fits better, please post any answers/comments there.
I'm finding difficulties choosing an adequate processor solution for my application from my null experience with DSP:
- 8ch 24-bit @11025Hz I2S TDM Input
- Beamforming + ASNR
- MSS Multi-source selection
- DRC Dynamic Range Compession
- Frequency domain analysis (Real FFT)
- 5 seconds STFT
- Peak Finding
- Comparison algorithms
- Connectivity (Bluetooth @ Low Transfer Rate, just notifications)
I'm considering both a design which includes a Host MCU or just the DSP.
So far I'm looking at SigmaDSP processors:
- Pros: Provided I2S TDM interface, arithmetic blog for beamforming, cost
- Cons: Buggy and limmited Graphical Programming Interface (no c programming), only Radix-2 Complex FFT and 50% overlap analysis window are available, lack of documentation for sending a signal via SPI to Host Controller
I'm also considering SHARC processors, which I find overkill for my application (no codecs, no output, single input port, etc.):
- Pros: C programming flexibility, no need of Host Controller, provided I2S TDM Interface
- Cons: Lack of experience with DSP programming, cost of processor, development kits, emulators and software
My questions are:
- How to determine required system sources (memory, clock frequency, etc)?
- Any guidance/recommendations/other families/brands I should look?
Hardware I'm using... 2x Mic Array: https://www.notwired.co/ProductDetail/NWAUDICS52000-NotWired-CO/605574/?ProdId=605574& I2S TDM to USB: https://www.minidsp.com/products/usb-audio-interface/usbstreamer
Thank you so much, Pedro