I'm making a guitar tuner for iOS.Due to the fact I'm Beginner I'm struggling a bit to gather all the resources and information about it. I know the theory like ( correct me if I'm wrong ) :-
- First I need to get the input from microphone.
- Then need to apply apply FFT algorithm to get the frequency
- Then compare the frequency with the fundamental frequency of notes.
according to my research the fundamental frequency of the guitar are measured as:-
String Frequency 1 (E) 329.63 Hz 2 (B) 246.94 Hz 3 (G) 196.00 Hz 4 (D) 146.83 Hz 5 (A) 110.00 Hz 6 (E) 82.41 Hz
and from an test app example I'm getting the frequency:-
String Frequency 1 (E) 333.02 Hz 2 (B) 247.60 Hz 3 (G) 398-193 Hz (398 when start and 193 when end) 4 (D) 290-150 Hz (290 when start and 150 when end) 5 (A) 333-215 Hz (333 when start and 215 when end) 6 (E) 247-161 Hz (247 when start and 161 when end)
One thing to notice the example was showing the Max Frequency.
So what I'm asking here is there anybody who have implemented this before and give me the direction and some detail information about the topic so In future nobody have to research more and more to gather all the resources.I need help with the following topics:-
- What is the best possible way to get the accurate frequency of guitar string.
- Which type of frequency need to tune a guitar like maxFrequency, is there a role of altitude, magnitude (i have less information about this topic).
- What to do after getting the right frequency.
Any help would be truly appreciated and my apologies in advance if i'm asking something stupid .