Some other StackExchange/StackOverflow sites are entertained with a certain level of humor or fun. What is your favorite “data analysis” cartoon? is particularly worth mentioning (IMHO) this xkcd cartoon on causality and correlation (DSP folks know what I mean):
So Is humor allowed in answers? I hope so, se for instance:
- StackOverflow: What is your best programmer joke?
- MathOverflow: Do good maths jokes exist
- SE.Stats (Cross Validated): Statistics Jokes
- SE.Stats (Cross Validated): What is your favorite “data analysis” cartoon?
- SE.Maths Questions about math jokes
Humor in signal processing or image processing does exist, albeit shallow, and narrow-spread. I have encountered it first (I had zero humor before) at the ICASSP 2000 DSP humor exhibition in Istanbul, Turkey. The image below comes from Humor in DSP by EURASIP:
So I believe that we deserve some
joke tags and actual lightness.