I remember having seen a formula of the form


that relates a duration $L$(s) of a window to its width $C$(Hz) in the spectrum (defined at -3dB or so). The constant $B$ would be tabulated in function of different windows.

Does anyone know how this formula is called or where I can find more information about it? I searched on Google (Scholar) but dit not find it.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ It's more common to see the bandwidth-time product instead of the ratio $\endgroup$ Dec 20, 2016 at 16:43


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.