I am looking help for my project for which I need C++ (or any other language) libraries useful for extraction of sound wave features like frequency, loudness, pitch and orientation. Using these features I want to make attention in a humanoid robot simulator .
From the ones I've been using I can recommend:
- YAAFE - very pleasant to work with in Python
- ESSENTIA - another one I like particularly due to Python integration
- Aquila - friend of mine used it extensively and he likes it a lot
Recently I came across this paper and I believe that this should perfectly answer your question.
They do provide a detailed comparison based on:
- Amount of features available
- Ease of usage
- Output format of the features
- Computational efficiency
They tested following libraries:
- MIR Toolbox
- Timbre Toolbox