I know that MFCC features are the spectral envelope of the input signal but I can't understand what do they mean and what do they represent . and if I have two people saying the same word how can I compare the resulting features.
For example I have Mel Frequency Cepstral Coefficient for the word "please": first person:
I see these signals seem different but thay are representing the same word which is 'please' .
I've done these steps to extract the features:
- framing with overlapping percentage equals to 50%.
- Windowing : hamming window was used
- perform fft(signal);
- take the squared magnitude of the ff(signal);
- apply mel filter bank :number of filters = 26;
- take the logarithm of squared sum for each filter
- perform dct .