What topics can I ask about here?
Signal Processing Stack Exchange is for practitioners of the art and science of signal, image and video processing.
The sorts of topics that are on-topic are:
- Conceptual questions.
- Theory questions.
- Practice questions.
- 1-D Signal Example: How do I remove baseline drift from an ECG signal?
- Image Example: Which image processing workflow to perform “River” detection in text?
- Video Example: Vehicle counting from a video
- Algorithm recommendations.
- Algorithm debugging questions.
- Homework questions, provided you make a good faith attempt at answering the problem first and try to explain what you need help with.
- Some software requests: Most software requests are off-topic, but specific requests for reference implementations of signal processing algorithms are on-topic.
- See this discussion on meta for more information.
What if I'm not sure?
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Signal Processing Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"